The City of Parkland just announced the many honors received in 2011. These attributes include the following:
1. The Parkland public school system received the highest rating of “A” from the Florida Department of Education (Stoneman Douglas High School, Westglades Middle School, Heron Heights Elementary School, Park Trails Elementary School, and Riverglades Elementary School)
2. Forbes Magazine designated the City of Parkland as the number 1 Top Education Town where the median home price falls between $400,000 to $600,000. The City’s value was so strong that it landed eight (8th) overall in the entire review. The Forbes Magazine designation states that your housing dollars go furthest in getting your children a great education within the City of Parkland.
3. For the fourth year in a row, the City of Parkland was designated a Playful City. Out of more than 1,000 applicants nationwide, the City was honored with this designation. To receive this award a community must demonstrate a creative commitment to the cause of play. The City was recognized for its development of a special needs sports program and construction of a boundless no limits playground located at Terramar Park.
4. The City of Parkland is tops for the cultural, educational, and community amenities it provides to its residents via the Library. Parkland Library serves Parkland residents by providing a top rated library experience. This year Parkland Library received the FLA Library of the Year Award for the quality of service provided to the residents of the City. Our municipal library service was recognized from among 186 municipal, county and university systems. The library is dedicated to providing personal and unparalleled services to our community.
5. The City was just honored as the top Broward County community for quality of life in the State of Florida. The Business Journals used a twenty part formula searching for places that have healthy economies, light traffic, moderate costs of living, impressive housing stocks and strong educational systems. The study used the United States Census Bureau information and divided the country into four regions. The South, which Florida is located in, contained one thousand one hundred forty six (1,146) cities which were compared to Parkland. When done, The Business Journal ranked the City of Parkland 41st or 96.51% better in terms of quality of life than the other municipalities in the study.
It is a true pleasure living and working in our fine City of Parkland. Our City has certainly become an exciting place to live and raise a family. There are so many things for the entire family to enjoy in Parkland. Parkland offers its residents a quality of life that no other city in all of Florida can match.
Know the neighborhood. Know the value. Know your hometown agents: The Parkland Parrot Real Estate Team. If you are interested in buying or selling in Parkland or South Florida and are looking for experienced local Realtors, please do not hesitate to contact the Squawk at 954-609-0591 or send us a message here.
To stay updated with all Parkland real estate information, receive our blog posts via email by subscribing here. After registering, you must activate the subscription in a follow-up email.