6 Simple And Affordable Do It Yourself Projects To Increase Value Of Your Parkland Home
Let’s face it! Selling a home in today’s market is challenging. With the plethora of foreclosures and short sales on the market in your area, there is a lot of competition. You must take the necessary steps in order to make your home stand above the competition. Below, please find 6 Worth-The-Price Fix-Ups to sell your home faster and for more money:
- De-cluttering and cleaning: It’s important to depersonalize your home and declutter the countertops and closets. It is also necessary to thoroughly clean your home. Buyers are usually turned off by pack-rat sellers, so it is essential to make your home more open and look sparkling clean. (Estimated Cost: $290 – Estimated Return: $1,990)
- Brightening: Grab the Windex and clean every window, both inside and out. Also, replace old curtains, update lighting fixtures, and allow for the most amount of light to come into your home. A home that is light and bright will appeal to a larger pool of buyers. (Estimated Cost: $375 – Estimated Return: $1,550)
- Staging: Every time we take a new listing, we always stage the home for the pictures. Simply rearranging furniture or bringing in new accessories will enhance the rooms of the home. It is also important to make your home look like and smell like a model. Think when you go into a furniture show room, doesn’t everything seem to be arranged perfectly and have a fresh aroma? When buyers feel more comfortable while looking at homes, they are more apt to buying them! (Estimated Cost: $550 – Estimated Return: $2,194)
- Landscaping: Making great first impressions for a potential buyer starts before they even enter your front door. Curb appeal is necessary to make your home pop and stand out. Make sure to plant seasonal flowers and put new mulch out. It is also important to landscape your backyard as well, as this is a major selling point for buyers will children and animals. (Estimated Cost: $540 – Estimated Return: $1,932)
- Electrical and plumbing: Make sure to fix leaks under sinks and have the plumbing in your home in good working order. If you need to, hire an electrician to fix and check all outlets and replace any old wiring. If potential buyers see a home with leaky plumbing and non-working electrical outlets, they will believe that your home is in need of repair and look to pursue an offer on your neighbor’s home on the market instead.
- Replace or Clean carpeting: There is nothing more of an eye sore than a smelly or stained carpet. God help you if your home has a smoke or dog smell. Replace or clean your carpet, and your buyers will appreciate it! This could be the biggest return on your investment if your home has old, smelly carpet. (Estimated Cost: $647 – Estimated Return: $1,739)(Estimates & information provided by HomeGain’s annual home improvement and staging survey: homesalemaximizer.com)
These simple, yet affordable changes, could be the difference from getting a sold sign in front of your home in weeks. If you fail to make these small, but necessary changes, your home will become stale and not sell for top market value. When our team first meets with a new seller, we go through our Home Enhancement Checklist in order to assist our clients in getting their home ready to be put on the market. If you are interested in receiving our Home Enhancement Checklist, please feel free to email us at: Michael@ParklandParrot.com or give us a call at: 954-609-0591.
We know the numbers, we analyze the market, our clients make better decisions. If you are interested in selling or buying a home in Parkland or South Florida and are looking for experienced local Realtors, please do not hesitate to contact the Squawk at 954-609-0591 or send us a message here.
To stay updated with all Parkland real estate information, receive our blog posts via email by subscribing here. After registering, you must activate the subscription in a follow-up email.